Wednesday I began a new sampler. Did I really need to begin a new sampler? Well no, but I did anyway.
This is band one which I actually stitched on Wednesday but I already had so many pictures in my post yesterday that I decided to wait until today to post it.
Wednesday was my friend Ann's birthday. She lives in Calgary, Alberta. Several years ago, Roger and I visited Ann and her family on our journey to Fairbanks, Alaska.
Ann and her husband took us to The Stitching Corner, a very nice needlework shop in Cochrane. I picked up a mini sampler, Misty Mountain, by Jeanette Douglas. I think that Jeanette used it as a teaching sampler or made it specifically for a guild. It was small and easy to pack and was suggestive of our drive through the Canadian Rockies so it made an excellent memento of our stop. Almost next door to The Stitching Corner was MacKay's Ice Cream . We had to stop in and have the most delicious ice cream cones.
Wednesday afternoon, Ann's husband took her to The Stitching Corner for a little celebratory shopping. In honor of her birthday and trip to the shop, I dug out my little sampler and stitched the first band. I will stitch a band a day and show them to you as I do. As I stitch, I will be able to reminisce about the trip.
Here is a close up of band one showing the clouds and sun.


1 comment:
Nice new start.
Pretty hydrangeas in the previous post, we're on acid soil here so we get lots of vivid blue ones
Post a Comment