Sunday, July 24, 2011

The mountains need evergreens so here are some done in long stitch. 

I think that the color I selected works out quite well. 

Yesterday as I stitched, I recalled where we stayed the night after we left Calgary.  We had wanted to stay in Banff or some place close.  At the time we tried to make reservations earlier that year, we could not find a place that was within our budget. 

We ended up driving 50 miles out of our way to Golden, BC where we stayed at the Alpenrose B&B.  Of course we were not there in the snow so it did look a little different from most of the pictures on the website.  We stayed in the lodge.  There was a large, light filled common room on the upper floor.  It was the ideal place for me to stitch while Roger rested a little in the room.  The breakfast room is shown in the pictures and I can pick out the table where we ate.  All in all, it totaled 100 miles out and back that were well worth the time and effort.  I love this place but wonder if we could afford it today as the rates have increased. 

The other day, I looked at our journey on a map.  Yesterday I decided that I really need to hunt up the CD with the pictures. 

No comments: