Band 4 represents mist in the mountains. Right now, I think it looks more like fog. There is a band that represents the fog; I will have to see if I think it really does.
The blue and green thread is Fir, Caron Collection Waterlilies. The pinkish is Kreinik braid; it is sparkly but that does not show at all in this picture. The five mountain peaks and partial peaks in the back row are also stitched with Fir.
Yesterday I was so excited to show you my thread substitution for the trees that I completely forgot about the U2 concert Saturday night.
It did rain; the concert went on. It was a misty rain that supposedly gave the images on the video screens an interesting soft focus look. It seems that there was thunder and lightening associated with the storm cell but it leap-frogged the metro area as it headed east. Diffused lightening could be seen behind the clouds adding to the intended light effects. All in all, everyone felt it was an exceptionally good concert.

1 comment:
Its very pretty, but I'm not sure I see mist
Post a Comment