Wednesday, July 13, 2011
First Beans
Look at the lovely first beans from the garden. In the picture, they hardly know that they have been picked.
This jacket has a sad story. Apparently the pattern was not accurately sized. It was my size when I started it but was just a little tight; as a result it hung unfinished in my closet until I decided to see if a friend wanted it. It fit her and she wanted it but by that time, I could not find the scraps. I needed the scraps to make new button loops. I can hardly believe that I made the loops the way I did; I knew better. The result was that the jacket hung in my closet a couple more years while wrinkles set in more firmly.
Last week I decided that I wanted yarn that I knew was in one of two boxes. I looked in both boxes and found the yarn and discovered that there was fabric in the other box. At the bottom were the scraps. I made the covered cording for the button loops, opened the front seam and stitched in the new loops. Yesterday I stitched in the hems and today I gave it a thorough pressing. It looks good to me and I hope it still looks good to my friend tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
My beans haven't even flowered yet!
Hope your friend likes the jacket
Post a Comment