Band 2 gives us the mountains in Misty Mountain.
I discovered that the kit was missing a medium green which is used in Band 3 to make pine trees. I decided to use some thread which I have. I think it will look good.
I also decided I ought to check the entire kit and discovered that it did not have the beads. I do not have the recommended beads but I hunted up a couple alternatives. I will decided at the end which one I like.
Since I was making substitutions, I decided to find a pulled thread and/or hemstitching stitch to replace the words Misty Mountain in the sampler. I have a combination of both pulled thread and hemstitching which is worked over the same number of rows. As far as I can tell, there is no water feature in the sampler. I think this will make an excellent water feature.
Okay, I think I have everything I need set up to finish the sampler.
It is Saturday. Tonight there is a much advertized and talked about U2 concert being held in the University of Minnesota Stadium. Apparently the group has an oversize stage that took most of the week to set up. It has been pointed out that there are no alcoholic beverages allowed in the stadium. It is also a no smoking facility. Local watering holes that cater to university students are loudly advertising their proximity to the stadium. There are several overlapping events being held in nearby venues. Traffic and parking are supposed to be horrible. The university and the neighborhood food and beverage establishments are not too subtly suggesting that concert goers come early, like noon, and spend the afternoon to eat and swill the brew prior to the concert.
Right now it is sunny, warm, and very humid. There is a line of storms ready to sweep through the metropolitan area. It is not supposed to relieve the humidity or the heat. Both are supposed to climb. There are supposed to be more storms traveling through the metro area throughout the afternoon and into the evening, yes right during the concert.
I plan to stay in side with our gentle air conditioning completely avoiding all the confusion. It could be an unique concert setting. I understand the group performs in rain but not in thunder and lightening storms. I would guess that their oversize stage which is made of steel could become one unbelievable lightening rod.

1 comment:
The sampler is looking lovely Linda.
I saw Peter Gabriel perform during a horrendous storm once, it was still a great concert
Post a Comment