Friday, February 12, 2010


Yesterday was extremely busy. It was the ordinary day for tutoring and we also hosted a family meal for the families of the students and tutors. I baked brownies and picked up ice cream for dessert. I filled in for one of the tutors. The little fellow I worked with is just so cute you would not believe it. The children entertained their families by reading The Very Hungry Caterpillar. They made little props to illustrate the story. Each child had assigned parts to read. They had fun and their families enjoyed seeing the children.

By the time we got back home, I almost felt too tired to stitch but stitched the kloster blocks for the hardanger section of a birth sampler. Speaking of which, the scan above is of the ladder hemstitching row. Christine, I started this variation several years ago and then set it aside. When I hunted it out earlier this week, I discovered I stopped right in the middle of the hemstitching. Your directions very clearly state that I should refer to the Hemstitching Sheet for the ladder hemstitching with interlacing. Guess what?? I cannot find that Hemstitching Sheet. I finished the hemstitching as I had begun it and then just did my own interlacing. Does this look anything like the way it was intended?

1 comment:

Christine said...

I can send you a copy of the sheet if you want but that looks right to me