


Here are pictures of my Olympic Stitching progress.
I am working on the outer border of the flower, I am not certain if the flower is a poppy or wild rose; I like it just the same. It will become the top of a box. I found the design and finishing directions in Sampler & Antique Needlework Quarterly, Fall 2009. When I saw it in the magazine, I knew I had the perfect silk to finish the box.
The baby sampler is coming along. This is the second time I have stitched it. The first time, I remember that the filling in the heart worked up quickly and easily and was fun to do. This time I seem to be struggling with it.
This morning when we came home from the health club, the cardinals were singing out to each other. I think it was the males declaring their territory. We have not seen them very much at the feeder. I guess establishing their territory is much more important to them.
2 comments:
I'd say poppy, the tops of the petals would be slightly indented in a rose
Great progress Linda!
I'd say its a poppy too.
love
Clare
Post a Comment