Wednesday, February 10, 2010

No new snow pictures. This morning when we got up I could actually see stars and the moon. The sky was and remains clear. It was fabulous to see color in the eastern sky at 6:40 a.m.

Yesterday I posted a letter; as I was driving away, a bald eagle glided overhead. It swooped into a tree in the tamarack swamp just in front of me. It settled right into a tree with a second eagle. Perhaps one or both are the eagles we have seen in the park and soaring over us.

Our neighbor has a small rat terrier. I wonder if we should tell her there are eagles in the neighborhood. "Oh say Muriel, did you know there are eagles living nearby? Sometimes they perch in the cottonwood behind your home. They look like they are checking everything out. You might want to think about keeping Gorgeous George in the house." If we do not tell her or even if we do, should we tell her if we see an eagle take the dog away, should that just happen to happen? "Um Muriel, I think I just saw Gorgeous George leaving the yard. You really don't want to know how he left."

In the afternoon when I went out to pick up our son from work, there was a hawk down at the end of the street. I think that the new high school in town has a most appropriate mascot, The Raptors.

No comments: