The day seems so mundane. It is cloudy and gray outside although the temperature is not too cold. I have some less than exciting housework to do before I can stitch.
Saturday I cut the hardanger section on the baby sampler. Yesterday I began to do the needleweaving but ended up picking out all that I had stitched. I began stitching with the pink multi-shade thread because the Greek crosses would make little flower like shapes. As I worked with it, I began to realize that it might be better to use plain white. I plan to back the sampler with pink to draw attention to the pulled thread work and withdrawn thread work. It began to dawn on me that the pink needleweaving might blend into the pink backing and that white needleweaving might show up better. I certainly hope that I am right.
No comments:
Post a Comment