Monday, February 1, 2010


It is really Monday. I have mopped, dusted, and vacuumed the bedroom. I leave our sons' rooms alone. Actually I would take my life into my hands if I so much as walked into their rooms. It is truly best if I just close the doors and not even look in.

How do you like the progress on my little box lid? You say you cannot recognize it? Don't you remember I told you last week that I discovered lots of miscounts that I could not ignore? Now do you remember that I cut out all of the stitching? I decided that it would be better to begin with the central motif. It will still require careful attention to stitch the border but at least I will have some reference points for it. On the right hand side, can you see how the fabric color changes with the change of direction?

I would have finished that second leaf for the picture today if. . .
if I had set up an exchange for which I am responsible some time before the last minute. I did not and had to do it last night taking stitching time from my floral motif.

Currently we are having a light dusting of snow. It is not supposed to accumulate very much. We are also supposed to have more snow during the week. But, it is supposed to get warmer during the week.

No comments: