Thursday, February 25, 2010

Frosty Morn

This morning the frost looked magnif- icent as it twinkled in the sun- shine like yellow diamonds. It was not that the frost was so very thick or heavy. It was, rather the sunlight. It is impossible for me to show you its breathtaking beauty as I had a difficult time with the camera looking toward the sun. What I saw is something I will have to remember.




Now that the floral motif is out of my stitching rotation, I have a little more time to spend on the baby sampler.

Currently I am working on the hardanger section. I am not particularly skillful with Greek crosses but am making progress.

As I worked yesterday, I discovered that I had made two extra kloster blocks. After thinking about it, I decided not to cut them out but to stitch a third kloster to balance the left group with the right group. I may embellish the squares that the klosters form.

1 comment:

Christine said...

I think I'd add 2 extra Klosters. One to make the bit in the middle a diagonal run of three squares and oneat the bottom to match the one at the top. I might pop a bead in the middle of each of the squares too