Monday, February 8, 2010

More Snow

Perhaps I should take another picture or two for you. It began snowing lightly yesterday afternoon and has continued through the night. It is supposed to continue for the rest of the day. This storm is supposed to be moving very, very slowly, in fact creeping over us and stopping for a little bit too. That gives us all the more time for more snow to fall. Right now the flakes are big and fluffy. It looks gorgeous and has covered all the dirty snow.

There is something I need to tell you. Saturday night our local PBS station broadcast The Bridges of Madison County. I had not seen it before. In fact, I decided not to see it because at the time it was out a friend who was from Iowa spoke disparagingly about covered bridges in general and Madison County in particular. I have now decided that I should not let people influence me that much, even ones that seem to be in the know. The movie is a bit of a chick flick so I am certain Roger would not have enjoyed it very much. I am not certain I would have appreciated it very much on the large screen either; our relatively new, somewhat larger than the old television, television screen seemed large enough to me. The movie made me stop and think about Roger and our relationship and how much I value it. It made me think about how much Roger means to me and how often I need to let him know that.

Take a few moments and think about the people who mean a lot to you and then tell them how much they mean to you.

Along the same line, a very dear friend is having a wedding anniversary today.
Hugs all around to the two of you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Linda

I love that film. I've seen it at least 3 times!

love
Clare