Currently I am in the process of cross stitching a medium-sized picture. It is complex and a little hard to follow because the chart is hand-drawn. After working on it for a couple hours, I desperately need a break. Hopefully I will return to the stitching refreshed and better able to read the chart.
Yesterday afternoon, I pulled weeds out of the flower bed along the front walk. There were all of twenty. The tulips there are putting in an appearance but I am not certain how nice the flowers will be because the individual leaves look a little thin and small. There is one chrysanthemum that looks like it wants to take over the garden. The hostas there have yet to put in an appearance.
We have been planting in the vegetable garden. We put in two tomato plants today, a cherry tomato and a slicing tomato. They are each underneath a cut down milk container to help them keep warm, especially over night. We will have to remember to take the containers off tomorrow if the temperature gets up to the predicted 80F. Then we have to remember to cover them for the night. :-) We have planted beans, peas, broccoli, and lettuce. The beans really may be early but the others do grow in cool temperatures.
Unfortunately, it looks like the rabbits did serious damage to the raspberries during the winter. We may not have a good crop this year. I am going to try to pick up some dried blood meal to sprinkle around the garden. The rabbits are not supposed to like the smell of it. We do have to reapply it after we water the garden or after it rains. That seems like a small effort to make to try to deter the rabbits.
No comments:
Post a Comment