


You can see one of the small tomato plants. I took its little hothouse cap off. In the background and slightly out of focus is the other plant still under its little cap and behind it is another milk carton that we are currently using to bring water to the plants.
Over night, the temperature did not get low enough to do damage to the tomato plants but for the past twenty-four hours, it has been extremely windy. I am certain that the caps protected the plants.
We are beginning to see volunteer lettuce in the garden. We obviously have little control over where it sprouts. This single little one is in the raspberries.
Last, but far from least, are the daffodils. They have been open for a couple days now and are in our Gopher Garden. My husband and I graduated from the University of Minnesota. The school colors are maroon and gold and the school mascot is Goldie the Golden Gopher. We have maroon and gold flowers in the Gopher Garden. Lately, I have been thinking about giving up the idea of the Gopher Garden because it seems a little silly. That might be a little hard to do because we have a collection of maroon and gold flowers that I would have to spread around to the other gardens. That sounds like a lot of work.
No comments:
Post a Comment