Yesterday I washed a light weight coat and decided to also wash my winter parka. Normally I put it off until the end of the summer. This time it feels very good to know it is clean and hanging in the closet ready to wear sometime in October or November. I also think that it would have to be an extremely cold day for me to take it out now.
Tuesday morning is hospital volunteer day for me. I volunteer at our local hospital. It is an easy walk but because of the road construction, it is not a good idea to walk so I drive over. I volunteer in the Maternity Care Center. Generally, it is a very happy place in the hospital. Today was just a little unusual. A woman was admitted through the emergency room. We were informed that her water had broken but not that the baby could easily have been delivered in the elevator. The baby, a lovely little girl, was born as soon as we were able to help the mom onto the bed.
Talk about contrasts - - -
After I left the hospital, I went out to select fabric to make a scarf for the mother of one of my friends. Her mother is undergoing treatment for breast cancer and will be loosing her hair. I was fortunate to find fabric in colors that she likes to wear.
In church this coming Sunday, we will baptize three children. We give the families banners to make this abstract concept a little more concrete. I prepare little kits for volunteers to cross stitch. They stitch everything but the name and date and then return the banners to me. When a baptism is scheduled, I add the name and date and finish the banner. This week, I am finishing three banners. This afternoon I backed two of the banners.
It has been a day of contrasts.
No comments:
Post a Comment