Yesterday it rained all day. Actually it was more of a mist as the rain was light. It did not collect and runoff; all of it seemed to sink into the dry topsoil. As I walked this morning, there seemed to be some light clouds with blue sky. It was very hard to be certain about it in the dark. When we left the health club, the rain let us know that we would be in for another gray, sunless day.
My friends at the health club said that as far as they were concerned, it could rain all day because it was Monday. They did not appreciate the rainy day yesterday. I bit my tongue because I felt we needed the rain so much it really did not matter when it came just that it came.
It was amazing how quickly the grass began to green up yesterday with the rain. Even if we had watered, I doubt it would have greened up as quickly. The trees are also showing signs of new growth. The willows are already very light green and so are a lot of the shrubs and bushes. The oaks still show no signs of leaves but then they are always the last ones to leaf out.
No comments:
Post a Comment