Thursday, March 4, 2010

Mum decided which sampler she likes. I charted the name and date. Yesterday I stitched in the name and date and then discovered that I had miscounted the date. It was too far to the right to look good so I will have to take the stitching out and redo it. Complain complain complain

Yesterday my son informed me that we will go to Daylight Saving Time on the 14th. I told him that I thought it was not nice because we will loose the little bit of light that we are now getting just before 6:30 a.m. I thought it was in April and then this morning I realized the 14th is on a Sunday in M-A-R-C-H. I suppose that means we will be going to DST in a little more than a week. Complain complain complain

I wonder what else I can complain about.

Not a complaint but an observation, and a neat one at that. As we left the grocery store yesterday, a peregrine falcon flew by the front of the car. Was it gliding in for a landing or did it see something of interest? It flew right up to a parked car and was mere inches above the pavement. It looked like it flew under the car and out the other side. I suppose it could have flown under the car, walked to the other side and then flown out but it was almost instantaneous so I want to think it flew through the distance under the car. I cannot imagine what it did with its wings if it flew under the car. From there it flew into a tree and looked none the worse for the experience.

No comments: