Sunday, March 7, 2010


This is strange. I tried to upload two pictures but the detail of the ribbon rose is the vertical mirror image of the original and the corner motif is the horizontal mirror image of the original picture. What is happening here? Is Blogger editing the site or has someone hacked into it?

For these two pictures it does not make much difference but I am very curious about what is happening here.

Yesterday I finished the stitching on the baby sampler when I made the ribbon roses. After looking at the finished sampler, I decided to add lazy daisy leaves in white pearl cotton. Picture time turned out to be experiment and play time.

In December we got a new lens for the camera . It works much better for close-ups and can still take very nice mid-distance pictures. Actually this is the first time I have used it since the day we tried it in the store. I have been hesitant because it requires a tripod for nice close-ups. I can never remember what the individual knobs and cranks on the tripod do so I do not like to use it. Besides, it is a major undertaking to get it out and put it away again. It was so much fun taking these pictures that the tripod may become a design element in the living room.

No comments: