Monday, March 22, 2010

Drum Roll, Please


Ta-daaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!! Here is the completed baby sampler. I am hoping that the details are not distinct enough for someone to chart the design from this picture. If they are not, I will work on it a little more. Isn't it a shame that we must worry so much about protecting copyrights? I like the way this little sampler turned out. As I have pointed out several times, this is one of Christine's designs. Just in case you are curious about it, Christine, I have a clearer picture I can send to you. I made the hanger too.

I found those cute little finials in a craft supply store and then went to the building supply store to find a dowel they would fit on. I was going to pick up white enamel spray paint at the building supply store but they would not check me out without my birthdate. I though, "Well now!!" I guess that we can no longer buy spray paint if we are underage. I went over to Jo-Ann's which is a short walk away and got some white paint. It turned out to be a very good thing because it was much easier and much less messy to apply paint with a brush than to spray it on. It is, I think, more environmentally friendly too.

In the other picture, I am obviously preparing to sign the log of one of the caches we found on Saturday. This is the first one we found, Traceability 1. The location will be more difficult to find after the leaves are out and plants have grown up. I understand there are a lot of nettles here. Last fall, we discovered that there are a lot of tall cattails. As we hiked to this location, my cap was getting caught on the branches. The branches also were catching my hair. I think that I look like the Wild Woman from the Wilderness.

The cache, the dark container from which I am shaking out the contents was lodged in the tree that is next me. It was not very obvious and will be even less so when the leaves are out.

2 comments:

Christine said...

I like how that has turned out in the pink and white, it looks a lot different from the original doesn't it? If you could send me the clearer picture sometime I'd appreciate it.
Your homemade hanger is nice too, I've made them from wooden beads and dowelling but I've never been able to buy finials that small

Anonymous said...

Lovely stitching and finishing Linda!