Thursday, July 15, 2010

Little Boy Blue

The stitching is finished.  I have reduced the definition of the picture partly to obscure the name of the child.  The thread color is low contrast with the color of the linen which further obscures the name.  Then I decided to pull up the fabric to cover most of the name. 

My philosophy is to leave nothing to chance and to not make assumptions.    :-D 

My goal was to finish the stitching by this weekend.  I will make the pillow toward the end of July, maybe beginning of August.  The fabrics in the lower right hand corner will make the pillow.  The colors of the fabrics are a little grayer than the blue in the stitching but I think it will all work together. 

Hmmmmmm, the cow's eyes do not show up very well.  Maybe I ought to do something about that. 

1 comment:

Christine said...

It looks good Linda. Were the eyes French knots? Maybe try them in white?