Monday, July 12, 2010

Beans Are In

Yes, we are picking and enjoying our French fillet beans.  While I nipped off the ends of these beans, I had to be careful about Mooch.  He likes beans, berries, and tomatoes.  But until yesterday, we really did not know that he likes beans. 

It was so easy to sit on the floor while I pinched off the ends.  I had the freshly picked beans on a tray and dropped them into the colander as I took the ends off.  Mooch was looking intently at the beans on the tray.  He inched closer and then began to reach his paw out to try to touch them.  Next I knew, he looked like he was getting ready to bury his nose in the beans.  Then he grabbed one with his mouth, shaking his head to dislodge the bean from the pile.  He took the bean and sat down beside me while he ate it all except for the ends. 

I guess that if I give Mooch beans, I ought to pinch off the ends. 

2 comments:

Christine said...

Your cat likes the strangest things...
My beans haven't even flowered yet

nela said...

una buena receta.... cocinar las vainitas con sal... y hacer una conserva con berenjenas...