Monday, July 5, 2010

Little Boy Blue . . .

. . .come blow your horn.
The sheep's in the meadow.
The cow's in the corn.  

After delaying a couple years because I could not find a suitable sampler for a little boy, I found the solution.  Little Boy Blue from Country Cottage Needleworks is going to be the basis of a pillow.  As an added feature, I plan to make a tooth fairy pocket on the back. 

Yesterday was First Sunday Stitchers.  Perhaps I should have worked on a patriotic design since FSS fell on the Fourth of July.  It has taken me so long to decide what to make for our nephew's son that I thought it best to work on it.  I filled in all of the light green background and feel like patting myself on the back. 

I wonder if when we give the pillow to him I should tell him that the nursery rhyme is English and that the corn is really supposed to be wheat.  Somehow, I think that the cow is much more charming standing in a field of maize than a wheat field. 

During the PBS broadcast of the Fourth of July concert on The Mall in Washington, D.C, I stitched steadily.  Just as the fireworks display began, I fastened off the thread.  I know that fireworks on television is not nearly as spectacular as fireworks in person but there are no mosquitoes. 

1 comment:

Christine said...

Its lovely Linda, the little cow is adorable, but you're right, that is NOT a cornfield