Friday, February 17, 2012

A Little Cross Stitching

Yes, I have been working on the Quaker Winders Keeper, just not as intensively as I was before I got the slip to stitch. 

I think that I have found something to use in place of the 2-inch wide lace on the slip.  Hopefully I will complete the slip during the weekend. 

The snow blower that was stolen from our church is back.  We picked it up earlier this week.  I am not certain if the length of time reflected difficulty locating it or if it was kept until the thief made his court appearance and pleaded guilty.  The value of the snow blower is more than $1,000 so the crime is a felony.  Our son has been asked to write a statement of expenses for restitution.  I doubt that we will see a cent of restitution.  He has also been asked to write an impact statement to be used at the time of sentencing.  Right now our son and a friend took the snow blower to the shop that has serviced it to have it checked and order repairs, if necessary.  It is just nice to know that we have it back.  For the time being, it is chained to a truss in the shed.  In the spring, our son and his friend will embed a heavy duty loop or two into the cement floor of the shed and chain the snow blower there.  At least this sorry story has concluded. 

2 comments:

diamondc said...

Hi Linda: The snowblower was more then likely kept until after the court apperance just in case he came up with a bill of sale to prove it was his, he was a pile of poo for stealing that snowblower, I hope his punishment was just.

Nice stitching.
Catherine

Annabelle said...

Hi Lind - thanks for commenting on my blog - for some reason it went to spam and I just found it today. A Group 7 meet-up would be lovely. If we don't get a list of our group members soon, we could try with just the three of us for now. You can leave a comment on my blog or email me (email should be included in my blogger profile). Your cross stitch is lovely. It's been a while since I've done any cross stitch, but your work just might motivate me to pick it up again!