Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

It is the beginning of a new year, the time when we want to make new beginnings.  Psychologists tell us that if we want to successfully change a habit or begin a new behavior, we should concentrate on just one thing.  That's a nice idea but I subscribe to the shotgun approach.  The more things I try to change or begin at one time, the higher the probability I will be successful with at least one.  

 Last night, I finished the second of the two ornaments.  I know that you cannot differentiate between the two but it is the second one.  It will go to its recipient tomorrow.  







My new project for the new year.  It is the Winter Box from Victoria Sampler.  I have selected a different fabric but I think it will not make much difference.  It is what I had on hand; I feel virtuous for dipping into my stash as opposed to purchasing new.  Fortunately I also had the correct size pearl cotton in the correct color.  I have marked out all of the sections for the lid but I neglected to take the bundles of threads apart.   




And, the ongoing UnFinished Project (UFO) that is receiving my attention.  Thursday I picked it up and worked some of the light pink parts. 













1 comment:

Christine said...

Happy New Year Linda. Looking forward to seeing your progress on the Winter Box