Look at this gorgeous little box. The top has some significant scratches but I like it anyway. Last weekend I found it buried in a box of stuff at an estate sale. I think I was supposed to buy the whole boxfull but I acted as if the contents of the box could be divided into individual sales and the people conducting the sale when along with that idea.
At the same sale I found a bag of supplies for heirloom French hand sewing. It found its way into my shopping basket and eventually home with me. Buried inside the sewing supplies, was a vintage card of tiny mother of pearl buttons. That was just frosting on the cake as far as I was concerned.
Now for my stitching progress.
The top of the Winter Box lid is finished. Next part will be the sides of the lid.
This little project is coming along but more slowly than I would ideally like. I am buttonhole stitching the outside edge to keep it from raveling when I cut out the motif. And- - -I still need to stitch on the beads and buttons. All in all, it is beginning to feel like the conclusion is within sight.



2 comments:
Great find at the sales, the laquer box is beautiful.
Your winter box is coming along nicely
Love the box, Linda! And some MOP buttons- great!
I haven't been to a vintage fair for ages. Must go to one soon!
your stitching is lovely!
Post a Comment