Now I can show you with I did with the Pink Carnations. The pocket arrived at its destination yesterday. The recipient has been following the progress here but I wanted to leave the final product as a surprise for when she opened the packet. Although I began it last year, it is my first completion for 2011.
Here is what we did to keep the squirrels out of the bird feeder. The cone below the feeder is covered with snow but is really green metal. It is doing an admirable job of keeping all the squirrels out of the feeder. There is a dark-eyed junco in the feeder.
Right now, the temperature is -5° F (-21° C). The sun is shining which is nice but means that we have cold temperatures. The little birds have been eating from the feeder. The gray squirrels have been eating the corn I put out on the ground for them. The red squirrel has been on a vigilant stakeout to be certain the gray squirrels do not go into its territory.
The red squirrel standing guard on the garden fencepost.



2 comments:
Good grief, I'd be complaining if it was -5C in the daytime, never mind F.
Your pocket came out beautifully
Linda gracias por tan hermosa tarjeta para mi cumpleaños....
Post a Comment