Thursday, September 2, 2010




I have not had the hummingbird feeder out this summer.  During the past week, a hummingbird or several at separate times, has been visiting the tomato blossoms and my sunflower.  The one who visited today encouraged me to pick up a new shepherd's hook pot hanger.   

This is the sunflower the humming birds like to see.  Yes, it is a deep red/maroon.  Yesterday when I saw the hummingbird hovering over the sunflower, I wanted to try to take a picture of it.  It left before I could change the lens in the camera.  I was left with just the sunflower.  It was far better to take a picture of it yesterday than today.  Today is very rainy with no blue sky. 

I took more flower pictures yesterday. 



Can you guess what this is? 

One of the pansies
Hydrangia:  Endless Summer



1 comment:

Christine said...

That would be a nasturtium. I just LOVE nasturtiums. They've gone mad in my garden this year and sprawled right across the path so I can't get round behind the greeenhouse!