Now you know the inspiration for the title of my blog - lazy summer days at the lake. I wonder if Minnesotans have an inborn longing to be "up north" or "up at the lake." Even when it is raining, it is enjoyable to be at the lake. Even when it is cold, we like to be at the lake. It seems so cozy to be warm and dry inside and listen to the rain drumming on the roof.
During the time we were gone, our sons confirmed that there are two hummingbirds visiting the feeder. One is definitely an immature male, the other may be an immature male or may be an adult female. Some immature males have a golden color; this one does. It is the more dominant of the two. Apparently it claims the feeder as its property. It has been seen poking the other hummingbird. In fact, it chased a chickadee off the hook from which its feeder is hanging. Since we have been home, I have seen the hummingbirds every day. There is going to come a day when we will not see them; I just wish that they could tell us when they leave. I hope so very much that this little fellow will survive its migrations. If it does, I think there is a high probability it will come to our feeder in the spring.
No comments:
Post a Comment