I continue to work down to the top of my work table. Although I do add some new things, on the whole there is steady progress toward clearing it. Today my Little Boy Blue and the fabrics to make the pillow are off the table.
The pillow is for our nephew's son. I have obliterated his name on the pillow in an attempt to honor the family's privacy. I still have to rework the cow's eyes and redefine Little Boy Blue's eyes. On the back of the pillow is a little pocket for the tooth fairy.
I had intended to restitch the name and date in a darker blue but after today, I think I will leave well enough alone. Making the shirred cable, stitching it to the pillow top, and stitching everything together was a much larger job than I envisioned it to be.
If I were to repeat this pillow finish, I think it would work much better if I made the seam allowance on the shirred cable at least a quarter inch wider. Right now, it just feels good to have finished the pillow and to know that I am working my way down to the table top.

2 comments:
Hola Linda... por que no usar un nudo colonial en vez de un nudo frances.. asi se define mejor los ojos...
Hello nice to set eyes that do not use Knot colonial stitch
http://www.needlenthread.com/2007/03/embroidery-stitch-video-tutorial-2.html
regards nela
Its lovely Linda, thats still not a cornfield though ;D
W.V is "bless", how appropriate
Post a Comment