Thursday, August 26, 2010

Friends?

This morning Mooch and a young squirrel entertained us.  I think the squirrel entertained Mooch too.  The squirrel is one of the spring babies and looks almost grown up.  Momma has taught it all she can and it is on its own.  It was sitting on the fence post chattering away.  Mooch was inside but where he was, I am not certain the squirrel could even see him.  It looked like Mooch was discretely watching the squirrel but I am not certain he could see the squirrel.  After chattering, the squirrel exuberantly ran the length of the fence stopping to perch on the fence posts and chatter.  Eventually the squirrel returned to the end post near the bedroom where Mooch was.  Mooch finally went to the window to watch the squirrel.  I am certain that the squirrel could see him in the window and chattered more.  Mooch made quiet squeeking noises but I doubt that the squirrel could hear Mooch. 

The picture has low quality but you can see the little squirrel and Mooch who is in silhouette. 

No comments: