The sun is streaming through the windows. It is such a glorious day. That reminded me to take some pictures.
I found these fibers at an estate sale sometime before Thanksgiving. When I had the camera out, I forgot to take a picture to show them to you even though I was very excited to show them to you. They were a bargain that was way too good to pass up even if they were not "my" colors. Don't I sound like an absolutely incorrigible stash-a-holic?
We took the Christmas tree down yesterday. Today I vacuumed all the needles from the carpet. It was up for only a couple weeks but it seems like there is a hole in the living room even though I have moved the furniture back.
There is one less rocking chair in the house. We sent a Nelson family rocker home with Roger's sister. I feel good about this. Roger is not yet ready to part with the little child's rocker so our teddy bear, Bert, occupies it in the living room.
I thought that you might like to see my progress on the Florida State Sampler. I wish that you could see the oranges in the tree the way that I can in real life. They are wonderful. I have to set it aside and am not certain when I will be able to get back to it.
This week, I must stitch names and dates on two baptismal banners and finish them. We will baptize two children next Sunday.
I may have to set this sampler aside for a little longer. I am trying to design a sampler specifically for the younger of Roger's two sisters. We have a definite finish date in April. At this point I have designed the top which would roughly correspond to the orange tree. Unfortunately I became so excited with my success that I have been resting on my laurels. This is no way to finish and stitch a design.
Please keep your fingers crossed for me. I have applied to participate in a little project. This afternoon I learned that I have progressed to the point where my name has been entered into the lottery to determine the participants. If I am finally selected to be a participant, I will let you know. True to my slightly superstitious Russian heritage, I am reluctant to talk about it very much. Maybe it is more accurate to say that I am reluctant to allow myself the opportunity to count on it because the disappointment would be so great if I am not selected.


4 comments:
I hope you're selected for the mystery project Linda!
Love those oranges...
Good Luck Linda I hope you make it, your orange tree is adorable, I can see the oranges they look good, two Baptism how wonderful and to have banners made by you your stitching is beautiful,
I think giving a rocking chair to your sister-in-law was a very generous thing to do.
I am taking down our tree tomorrow we only had ours up for three weeks, I will miss it.
Blessings to you
Catherine
Great find at the sale Linda.
Hope you are lucky in the mystery project, whatever it is
Wishing you success. I'm wondering if it's a pilot project.
Post a Comment