Oh yes, maybe that is oh no, I am back already. Yesterday was cloudy by the time I got home and I wanted to wait for better sun to take pictures. I found a couple treasures at a couple estate sales.
Aren't these little porcelain thingies gorgeous? They are quite small, a little less than 3 inches square. Maybe they are little dishes for tea bags or maybe they are spoon rests or little individual butter plates. Whatever they are, the little violet bouquets screamed out my name when I saw them. When I walked away from them, they actually cried. On my way out after checking out the entire sale, they were still there so I let them jump into my hands.
The same thing happened at the second house. This Russian lacquerware pin was calling out; in fact, it was actually jumping up and down to attract my attention. When I put it back, it really did cry. Once again after checking the contents of the house, it was still there when I got ready to leave.
I knew it would be difficult for me to get a nice picture of it because it is so very shiny.
There is information about it right on the front but I cannot read it. I need to do a little work to find out more about it, including a translation. I suspect that it is an illustration of a Russian folk tale and that it is not the Magic Horse.
All of the gold color is metallic gold. Coupled with the black background, it is quite dramatic. The best thing of all is that I now have four Russian lacquerware pins, one eventually for each of my nieces to celebrate their Russian heritage.



3 comments:
Linda: I love your finds it is such a treat to find a great deal at estate sales, the ones you found are wonderful.
Blessings
Catherine
Great finds Linda!
Love the violet dishes. You certainly do better at finding good sales than I do.
Post a Comment