Monday, January 30, 2012

It Arrived

Today the linen and silk threads for Amy Mitten's Quaker Winder Keeper arrived.  The tutorial and materials are my Christmas gift from my husband.  I have to admit that I selected it.  I cannot tell you how much I wanted it and how thrilled I am to have it. 

I followed Amy's directions to tea dye the linen.  It turned out much more uniformly colored than I had hoped.  I just hope that it is worth the effort and that it is not too dark.  The picture here shows the linen before I tea dyed it. 

Update on the status of my mystery project: 
I am one more step closer to being a participant.  I think that I can really say that I am one of the seamstresses as I am now a member of Group 7. 

2 comments:

Christine said...

Wow Linda, that is gorgeous, looking forward to seeing it stitched

diamondc said...

Linda: The colors are so striking and beautiful I sure am anxious to see some stitching on this, what is the msytery project Group 7?
Just curious.
Blessings
Catherine