Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

My new start for 2012, The Florida State Sampler by Jeanette Douglas who also designed my final finish of 2011.  It was not planned that way but it sounds nice anyway. 

The linen is in the background, Morning Dew from Silkweaver.  Another color by Silkweaver is recommended but I happen to have this color and it does go well with the threads and accessories.  It also goes well with the fabric I intend to use to quilt it.  The picture does not show the color of Morning Dew very accurately.  The Silkweaver website does not show it very accurately either. 

This sampler will be for the secretary of our church.  She is from Florida and is of Cuban descent.  She sees all the banners we make for baptisms and I thought it would be high time for her to have something. 

I am also including two pictures of my narcissus which I hope you like.  They are a breath of the coming spring in the house.  During the night last night, we had a little snow.  It started as rain and turned to snow so the streets are full of messy, chunky ice.  The more well traveled roads are reasonably clear but the ones in the housing areas are not. 

2 comments:

My name is Riet said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOURS Linda.
Riet

Christine said...

Nice design choice Linda. I can't have those narcissi in the house as David can't bear the smell :(
Happy New Year!