You may remember that Roger's sister and her husband have the family lake property and had to take the cottage down and rebuild. I know that I had some pictures up but I can hardly expect that you would remember it. This is a picture of the new cottage from the lake side.
Roger's sister works in the University medical labs and is of an age where she is being encouraged to retire. Her retirement will be effective this coming spring. I honestly am not certain if she is happy about this but it, nevertheless, is the simple fact.
She is the baby of the family. Roger is the oldest, then comes his first sister, followed by their brother, then followed by several years his second sister. It is the younger sister and her husband who have the cottage.
Roger, his brother, and their younger sister have birthdays that fall within a period of five days. We frequently get together to have a group birthday party. This year we are getting together for the birthdays because of the pending retirement and the fact that it is a significant year for their brother. Generally the group birthday party is just a time to get together and share a meal. We generally do not give gifts but this is a special situation.
For her retirement, I am "designing" and stitching a sampler for Roger's sister. I thought that you might like to follow the progress.
Yes, I know the windows are not in true proportion and the overall proportions of the cottage are a little wonky but it just simply is the best I can do with it in the space I have. I still need to add the roof on the side that is over the door as well as trees in the background and a little grass in the foreground. I think I will leave out the LP gas tank; we simply do not have to be a slave to reality. ;-)


4 comments:
Well done, Linda. What a treasure it will be to them.
Linda: How lovely that you are doing this for her what a nice idea.
Catherine
It's going to be lovely Linda!
It looks great, Linda! your best is good!
love
Clare
Post a Comment