I have a little update for you. The four ornaments have been accepted as a donation to a charity Holiday auction. They may not bring in big bucks but every little bit helps.
The last post, a rant, and this one are not characteristic of me. My only excuse is that what has been going on in my life is hardly ordinary.
A couple days ago, I visited a dear friend who is 90. She is in hospice; she, my son, and I have struggled to come to terms with it. The last time I visited, she sent me home with her stitching portfolio, project bags, and the last things that she had to stitch.
In 2006, I made a small etui for her. I embellished it with freshwater pearls. When I gave it to her, I told her that if it wore out, she should remove the pearls. When I took her things home with me, I knew that somewhere in the packets I would find the etui. I did and her scissors too. That made both my son and me tear up a little.
After struggling through a sleepless night, I decided to go see my friend this afternoon. My son accompanied me. When we entered her room, we discovered that she is no longer lucid. We greeted her and talked to her but I am fairly certain she did not know that we were there. Her brother was keeping vigil at her side. We talked a little. We all hope and pray that she will not linger.
When we returned home, I found that I was able to incorporate her stitching stash into mine. I will always think of her when I see her scissors and etui.



3 comments:
Linda
It sound like your friend was getting ready to go. I'm glad that she gave you her stitching stuff.
I too hope that she does not linger now.
Thinking of you.
love
Clare
Linda: What a lovely tribute to the both of you, One you stitched the Beautiful Etui gave it to her and in return it came back to you, I am thinking that she is a very Beautiful person inside and out as you are also.
Thank-you for sharing such a beautiful part of your life, I will meet you someday I am sure.
Catherine
diamondc
P.S. I am working on your Blackbird Exchange piece.
Catherine
What a sad time, but how lovely to have the things that she knew you shared and appreciated. Hugs,viv
Post a Comment