Sunday, October 16, 2011

Stitching Continues

This is Vibrant Woodland from Amaryllis Artworks.  I finished it a couple weeks ago and am trying to find the time to mount it in a box.  It is for one of my nieces. 

I have begun a second design from Amaryllis Artworks for her sister.  I am trying very hard to finish the boxes before the end of the year.  They were intended to be high school graduation gifts.  But - - - The younger one graduated from college this summer. 

My life has just become a little more complicated and I have a little less free time.  Friday I received a new model from Just Cross Stitch.  I need to return it finished by the end of the first week in November so they have enough time to have it framed.  Eek, that is almost as much work as it sounds like.  One good thing is that it seems to be stitching up quite easily.  I am not certain when or even if I can ever show it to you.   

Do you want to see the last design I stitched for JCS?  Sampler of Psalms Part I came out in the November/December issue.  I stitched all of it with the exception of two floral motifs, the cross, and one group of 5 small Algerian eyes, all of which are in the spot sampler section.  When I got the first part of the chart, the design was not yet completed.  I love the way they framed it. 

2 comments:

diamondc said...

Linda: This is a very pretty finish.
Thank-you for sharing.

viv said...

Your stitching is beautiful. Your niece will probably appreciate it even more at this age.