I have been busy with several small projects. Maybe I will stretch this out and tell you about them day by day.
I have taken the hinges off the box, partly so I can paint it; partly because I want prettier ones; but mostly because I will turn the direction the lid opens.
This is the first paint coat.
The second coat of paint is on both the bottom and the top. I have begun the next step on the top, sanding away on the top to create instant distress.
Our weather has been fabulous for October. The temperatures have been in the low to high 70's. We might make the mistake of saying this is indian summer but we still have not had a killing frost. We are preparing the gardens for winter and have begun taking out some of the plants and cutting back others. We are leaving some of the annual flowers and plan to remove them after the first killing frost. That little bit of color is extremely cheerful.
We are supposed to have more normal temperatures beginning tomorrow plus a little rain. I best not complain about the rain because we are behind on it.


No comments:
Post a Comment