It is not so surprising that the bumblebees were in the garden today.
Over night last night, the temperatures dropped and there was frost in the area. We were fortunate; there was no frost in the gardens. Just in case, we covered a lot of the tender plants for the night. This morning before we removed the covers, one of the hummingbirds was in the garden checking out the covers. It went to every one and paused for a little; we assume it was looking at the covers and maybe saying, "This wasn't here yesterday."
We are beginning to prepare the garden for winter but decided to leave the broccoli because the bumblebees are still in the flowers.
Just before I went back into the house, I decided to check the nasturtiums and melon a little more closely for a potential picture. I looked up to see a pair of shiny little eyes looking at me. The weasel was back in the garden. We had seen it this morning for the first time since the day we first saw it. Now, here it was so very close to me and I had the camera out. As luck would have it, the weasel is quite shy. Every time I moved even a little bit it scurried away. Every time I tried to set the camera to take a picture, the small click sent the weasel running for cover. But, I did get a little picture of it. Thanks to the miracle of PhotoShop, I was able to make the image a little larger. Unfortunately, it is also a little grainy. Yes, the weasel's head is on one side of the shed door and its little furry butt is on the other side. :-D And yes, it is under the door. :-D


No comments:
Post a Comment