Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Progress continues with the next band.


This band represents dew on grass which I will assume is a mountain meadow.  Like the mist and fog, the dew is stitched with a little Kreinik metallic braid.

As you can see, I decided which beads to use for the flowers.  I am glad that I sampled the three colors I had because the one that I selected is not the one that I originally thought I wanted. 

The beads and metallic braid add a touch of glitz which does not show up well in the pictures. 
I am also working on another project, three little pockets.  I plan to put a strawberry vine on each one.  All three strawberry vines are done but only two show in this picture.  In the background are some of the fabrics that I will use to make the pockets.

Just a little closeup of the strawberries.  They are stitched with Gloriana silk on R&R linen.  The linen was not the color I prefer; unfortunately, I cannot remember the color that I did use.

No comments: