I have gotten out of the habit of writing. It has become very easy to excuse myself from writing. I hope to break this habit. Today I will write a little, no pictures, just writing.
The hummingbirds seem to like the feeder. They seem to like it when I replace the syrup with fresh. I originally thought there were two birds, an adolescent and an adult female. Unless there are more than two birds, one is a male. Last week as one of the birds left the feeder, it flew directly toward the window from which I was watching. It flew into the afternoon sun which was behind me; the sun reflected off its red feathers. They were so bright it looked like a flying red light bulb. It is possible that the male has been coming to the feeder all along but that I have never seen it at the correct angle to see the irridescent red.
1 comment:
Sharing your love of hummingbirds.
Ours are too numerous to count this time of year. I think others grow weary of feeding them and they all come here. Keep up the writing. viv
Post a Comment