Here is a less fuzzy picture of the little leaf like motif.
Last evening, a hummingbird checked over our feeder. It was a reminder to make fresh syrup today. This morning before I left, a little hummingbird flew through the garden right by the feeder. I wondered if it was the same hummingbird and was rejecting our stale feeder. I had to leave and could not change the feeder.
This afternoon I brought in the feeder and cleaned it before I added fresh syrup. After it was in place, I brought in the jelly cups from the jelly feeder. A young oriole has been checking it out. While I washed the jelly cups, a hummingbird came to the feeder to eat. It seemed like the hummingbird said, "Yeeessss!! They got it, fresh syrup!" I hope the hummingbird comes back.
Band 10 has more flowers.
Band 11 is where I substituted hemstitching and pulled thread work for the lettering. There was already a water feature so perhaps this could be a glacier. Unfortunately, I did not thoroughly think through the placement when I removed the threads for the first row of hemstitching. I should have skipped four threads instead of two. The hemstitching buts right up on the flowers. Perhaps they are little flowers that are growing along the edge of the glacier as it retreats.



No comments:
Post a Comment