Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I have been silent but not quiet.  Sunday I made two strawberry pies for an old fashioned ice cream social.  I had intended to take a picture of the pies for you but time ran short while the remains-to-be-done list remained long. 

Let' see, Friday we painted the kitchen ceiling whit just enough time after cleaning up to clean ourselves up to go to the matinee performance of Circus Juventas.  It was a very good show.  On the way home we decided that we would pick up Chinese to-go so we did not have to fix dinner. 

Saturday, I am not certain what I did other than fold laundry.  I must have vegged out. 

Sunday, baking pie and serving an ice cream social.  It was a long day; I did not get home until almost 9:30 p.m.  The proceeds from the ice cream social went to support Imagine No Malaria

Monday, yesterday, was devoted to painting.  I painted the longest wall with the yellow paint.  I do not feel entirely confident that the color is the right one.  In direct sunlight, the color definitely is the one I selected.  In the shadows and under artificial light, the color can become downright scary.  I hope that I might become used to it after a little time but if that does not happen, I will repaint real soon. 

Today I picked up fresh, new hardware and began putting things back on the wall.  It is possible that the blue and white plates might make the yellow look better. 

No comments: