I continue to stitch. It is so slow. Perhaps it is just that I long for the spring to come. For entertainment, we checked out an estate sale yesterday. I came home with some cross stitch charts for which I may be able to find new homes. Roger selected some small thing for his tool collection. The two best things are the Donvier ice cream maker and the little book Roger selected for me, a sentimental little book of flowers with gorgeous pictures. At the moment, the Donvier liner is outside chilling out. I hope to make ice cream, gelato, or sorbet tomorrow.
My little Quaker design is coming along very nicely. If I give it a little attention this coming week, I may be able to finish it.
I decided to use the light green for the lettering. It had been my first choice because I was afraid that the off white would not show up well on the fabric color. Perhaps it would have been better if I had used the green for the leaves and stems; the light green has almost the same intensity as the fabric color and I fear it does not show up well.
The third edge is finally finished. I feel a little reluctant to begin the fourth edge for fear I will make another monumental miscount to frog out.



No comments:
Post a Comment