For the wedding sampler, I will be selecting from the displayed materials. I am not yet certain how many of them I will use. The fabric swatch above the spools of Trebizond is the color of the bridesmaids' dresses. The bride will be using accents of peacock feathers. The materials are on top of the fabric that I will use for the sampler. It is ivory and so is the bride's dress. The bride's mother and I are extremely excited about the colors.
We have not seen the buck lately. Some of the neighbors and I are wondering about him and hope that he has not been killed or even injured or harmed.
The hummingbirds are back. We think that we are seeing the grown up young of this year. A couple weeks ago, a female oriole was eating out of one of the hummingbird feeders while a hummingbird was eating out of the opposite side of it. Since the hummingbirds are very territorial, I wonder if the hummingbird was trying to tell the oriole this was not the place for her.
Wasps are attracted to the hummingbird feeders. One day a hummingbird swooped in. I wanted to tell it that the wasp was probably too big to eat but I think the hummingbird was trying to chase the wasp away from the feeder. The cardinal vines were so successful attracting hummingbirds last summer that I planted more seeds this summer. The vines are growing very vigorously; I hope they produce flowers soon.
Speaking of vines, our vine crops, squash, cucumbers, pumpkins, and melons, are producing very vigorous vines. When we stand outside, it seems like we can see them growing. The melon vines are growing up on one of the hummingbird feeders. Even the tomato vines are growing all over; we are cutting them back to try to encourage the plants to produce tomatoes. We are now beginning to harvest tomatoes but they are a little small. I think that we no longer have to buy tomatoes. We have even had BLT's for lunch.

3 comments:
Linda: Positively beautiful colors and peacock feathers how very romantic.
The deer are maybe in the corn fields now with the early corn crops we used to see lots of deer now we only see them at the big corn fields not our garden.
Hugs to you
Catherine
The colors make me think of peacocks for sure. They are lovely.
The colours for the wedding sampler are gorgeous Linda.
I hope the stag is alright
Post a Comment