Can't you just taste the chocolate and cherry? It looks too good for words to me. I wouldn't know though because when I finished the pictures, I gave it to my husband to eat. Yes, it is a magic shell sauce; you can tell it has begun to harden because most of it has a matte finish. I made the sauce and it is very simple to make. It has a more intense chocolate flavor than commercial sauce. The directions are from Cook's Illustrated magazine.
You do use coconut oil and contrary to the information on its label, it is a cholesterol and fat nightmare. But coconut oil is what makes the commercial magic shell sauce harden and it is what makes this sauce harden. Coconut oil solidifies at a very low temperature. The coconut oil I purchased was solidified. My sauce was liquid in the house until the temperature dropped to the 70's F; then it too solidified in its jar. I zapped it in the microwave for a couple seconds to be able to drizzle it on the ice cream.
Using 2 parts coconut oil and 3 parts baking chocolate, melt them together in a microwave proof dish at 50% power. Stop the microwave and stir the melting chocolate and coconut oil together several times during the melting process. Add a pinch of salt to the melted mixture and continue to stir it in.
I used bittersweet baking chocolate; you could use any other type of baking chocolate or chocolate chips. You could probably use butterscotch chips. The flavor with bittersweet chocolate is divine, truly one of the basic food groups.
Because 2 tablespoons equal 1 ounce, I used 4 tablespoons of solid coconut oil and 3 ounces of baking chocolate.
I encourage you to try it. It is a lot of fun and tastes good too.
1 comment:
O.K. yummy is what I say.
Blessings
Catherine
Post a Comment