Thursday, August 2, 2012

Charity Stocking Update

Yes, I have been working on the charity stocking. 


Yes, I am currently working on the horse's patoot.  I had hoped to have it a little further along just for propriety sake.  There is a monumental amount of backstitching in this section and I seriously wonder if I will have the stocking done in time. 

As I work on the stocking, I will also be working on a wedding sampler for the daughter of friends.  I honestly do not know how I will manage both together but I have to do it. 

Tomorrow, I think I will post a picture of the materials I will be using for the wedding sampler. 

Tuesday I took a bulk mailing for our church to the post office.  Significant amounts of our information did not agree with what the post office thought.  It was an extremely hot, humid day.  I really did not need to deal with that kind of problem at the same time.  The post office could not find where the problem was but said that I could send it for their calculated amount which is 6 pounds heavier than ours.  I said that I would bring it back and we would then decide what to do with it.  The good thing about that day was that on the way home I passed the shop where I could get the remainder of supplies I need for the sampler.  I had rounded up a lot in my stash but still need some specific items.  Now that I have them, I think they round out the threads very well. 

2 comments:

viv said...

Great progress. I'm sure you'll find a way to get the wedding sampler finished.

diamondc said...

Linda: Wonderful progress it looks like an adorable pattern, thank-you for sharing.
Catherine