My hope is that if I could get this far with the charity auction stocking, I could finish the lower portion by the end of September and then assemble it during October. In reality, I reached this point Sunday evening. It was a little difficult for me to organize myself to take the picture until yesterday.
Monday was a no stitching day. I probably should have stitched and still had to force myself to stitch on Tuesday. Tuesday afternoon I picked up my needle and began on the wedding sampler.
Today I will continue stitching the wedding sampler. Tomorrow I will resume stitching the stocking. My current plan is to stitch the wedding sampler one day per week. It depends upon how quickly the stocking stitches; potentially it could go much more quickly than the upper portion because what remains is not nearly as detailed. If the stocking works up more quickly, I will have more time to give to the wedding sampler. Because of the length of time it will take to have the mats cut and frame made, I think it will not be feasible to expect to have it ready by the wedding. There is, though, a very high probability that the stitching will be done. When I get to that point, we will see how the mom and bride want to handle it. If they would like to display it, I can stretch it for them.
As you look at the sampler, please keep in mind that the bridesmaids' dresses are a very deep teal. The bride will be using peacock feathers in the floral arrangements.


3 comments:
Everything looks good and sounds like it is all going according to plan. My stocking is going a little slower than I had hoped, but it is progressing.
Linda: The wedding sampler colors are beautiful, your stocking is coming along very well, I bet you are excited seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.
Hugs
Catherine
The stocking is going well. I love the teal colours of the wedding sampler
Post a Comment