Sunday, May 27, 2012

The Knitting Is Done

Yesterday morning I thought that I had decreased enough stitches in the vest front that I could knit ten rows instead of six rows.  When I sat down to knit, I had thirty more rows to knit to finish the right front. 

I knitted ten rows and thought that went quickly enough so I knitted ten more rows.  At that point I realized that I had to do some useful work around the house, specifically clean one of the bathrooms and that if I did that, I could reward myself by knitting the last ten rows.  By the time I had finished the first twenty rows yesterday, I knew that I would have enough of one of the yarns to complete the front; it really is not yarn but cotton tube tape.  I was so afraid that I would run out of it that from time to time the thought paralyzed my progress.  I think that the knowledge that I had enough to finish the pattern enabled me to progress even more rapidly. 

Bathroom cleaned equaled completed right front and now I have pictures to show you. 

Right Front 


Both Fronts Side by Side     
I think there are supposed to be three buttons on the front.  I would like to find some unusual and distinctive ones, maybe bone or wood.  On Tuesday, I will go to a local knitting shop that specializes in very nice yarns for some advice on how to finish it.  If they do not have buttons, perhaps they can direct me to some.  This shop actually carries the brand of yarn and fibers used in this kit.  I am not certain if they carry any of the kits or not but I know they will recognize the yarns. 

1 comment:

viv said...

Lovely colors.