Thursday, May 24, 2012

Rain Today

We have been having extreme rain.  It began yesterday and is supposed to continue for most of the day today and then continue intermittently for the next couple days.  I can already hear people groaning because it is not supposed to clear until Tuesday.  It will be a less than ideal weekend, and a long one at that.  I am not certain I will get out to take pictures of the iris today and there is at least one new one open.  I can see it from inside the house; right now I do not plan to go out in the rain to see if there are any others. 

BUT - - -

I did not post the pictures I took yesterday.  So here they are. 

Black Swan



Here is Black Swan.  I think that perhaps I ought to post it together with Old Black Magic so you can compare them.  They are both very dark purple. 

Lemon Lyric 
Should I post a picture of Lemon Lyric with a picture of Cream Taffeta?  They are very much alike too. 

Ming Dynasty




Ming Dynasty is originally from the Gopher Garden and so is Spartan. 
This particular flower does not show them but the falls frequently have garnet flecks so it looks like a maroon and gold flower. 

Siberian Iris:  Auguary  

Siberian Iris Group:  Lavender Bounty 


And finally, the little viola plant.  The first two flowers have faded but there are still a lot open. 

No comments: